Monday, March 10, 2008

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog!


Why, yes! I did watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse this morning! How did you notice???

You can tell I'm feeling better when a gray and misty morning, with 2 kids that did NOT want to go to school (per Justin, it is actually SUNDAY today, Not Monday! And that he is not going on Friday to make up for me making him go to school 6 days in a row. Think somebody needed a little more sleep last night??), the fact that I woke up at 11:30 last night and finally fell back asleep around 4:00 am, and yet? I am feeling punchy and snarky!! - - Who invented that word, "snarky," anyway? Is it strictly an internet word? Evolved like OMG and "ur" and such? And if anybody knows who started the internet language of initials, please let me know so I can bitch-slap them through the computer, ok? Cuz I hate internet lingo. And, yes. I realize I just said "cuz." It's an infectious disease, this internetese....

See?!?! I feel better!! I just wrote a whole rambling paragraph about silly words!!! And that sounded a bit Dr. Seuss-like, didn't it?

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!!

In fact, I am feeling so much better, that I do believe I will host a party. Right here, right now. Yes. I will jump on the bloggin' bandwagon and host a post for 5 minutes for Mom, the Ultimate Blog Party. Bring it on!

Now. If this were a real party, with, you know, human beings in my home, it would be fun, no doubt, but not the most extravagant. (6 commas in one sentence. Um. Is that legal?) I think I'd throw a bunch of noodles and tomato sauce (homemade, of course. one of the few things I like to cook!) on the stove. Maybe a little garlic bread, but from a freezer bag, for sure. There are some plastic cups with a Sharpie to write your name on, so grab some pop or cheap wine and come on over to the table and chat with me over the chips and salsa. I know! I go all out.

One of the first things about me that you'll notice is my FAbulous new hairdo, which I cut last month to donate to Locks of Love. Yes, you can compliment me all you want. I know it rocks. (I tried and tried to upload a picture, but Blogger is being a bit finicky. I'll have to try after it is feeling less bitchy.)


Ah. There we go. I looooove my new hair-do for many reasons, one of which is that it looks just as great the SECOND day as it does the first. Hence: I don't have to spend much time fixing it!! Every Mom's dream...


Also, you'll notice that the house is a bit banged-up, the carpet is stained, and the floor may be sticky (which I DO try to scrape clean before parties. I swear. It just gets filthy again. Seriously.). But I am not feeding you off of the floor, so you're safe. However, I wouldn't recommend using the 5 second rule here.... I do have 3 wonderful children that are in perpetual motion. What else would you expect from me?

ANYWAY! I tend to be a bit rambling (didn't notice? Hmmm. You're a skimmer-reader, aren't you?). If you want to read more of my normal types of posts, skip the last 3 or 4. I was going through a funk. I'm keeping it at bay with a humongous cup of Folgers Vanilla Biscotti coffee (heavenly) and using my normal outlook of life. I try to look at life with a sense of humor and remember that each day may be my last. That for someone, it IS the last day. For someone, it is a day of joy, a day of pain, a day of sorrow, a day of peace. Living in the moment is difficult, at times. But it puts things in perspective. Life should be full of joys, big and small. There are plenty of things to be upset over, but making small things into huge deals is a waste of precious time. (hence the reason I was so mad at myself all last week! What a waste of a week!)

So. Hope to meet many of the party-goers! Hope to create a new bond with someone here. I have made many, many lovely friends through this blog. I am truly grateful for this outlet of expression, and for this method of meeting new people! Have a wonderful day!

26 comments:

Tipp said...

Welcome to the blog party!

Rebecca said...

I love your hair and the wine (cheap or not) is wonderful and JUST what is needed today!

Yeah, I’d totally come to a party at your house. And no need to scrape the carpet… kids are the whole reason I don’t have carpet so I TOTALLY understand!!

Melissa said...

Fun fun! Who doesn't love a party? Glad to hear that you're feeling better :)

Jamie said...

I go away for a bit and come back to a little extra crazy! :)

Can't tell you how much I enjoyed this though "It's an infectious disease, this internetese....
"

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hi, Tracey!

You DO sound much better! We like our Tracey all snarky and everything! (did you like how I got that in there?) :O)

Thanks for the invite! I'll be right over with my "Box 'O wine"!

Lizzy

~Denise~ said...

Love your blog!!!! And happy party!!!

Beck said...

Snarky isn't just an internet word - my mother has been telling me to not be that for my whole life!
Meeska Mooska Mouseka. That show is a big hit here, too.

Sabrina said...

:) Too funny! Thank goodness we're over the Playhouse Disney stage...now we're into the Backyardigans....

Party in the house!

Unknown said...

Ah Tracey . . . you'll always be one of my favorites, rambling or not!

Kat said...

Yeah! So glad you are feeling better!
I love your hair. It looks great!

Kailani said...

Love the new look! Very classy and stylish!

kailani
An Island Life

Villagepig said...

hah! as with all things, even motherhood has its funk days, as does blogging and alas new hairdo's BUT while the shine lasts it is the best boost to an ego a girl could want.

It looks lovely and exactly what a party girl needs. Plus, you did it for such a lovely cause!

Melissa~ said...

Now I'm gonna be singing "hot dog" for the rest of the day! *LOL* (ooh, sorry internetese) That's better than Yo Gabba Gabba *any* day!

Hey your party was fun! I love parties where you write your name on the cup!

Thanks for having us! And here's a little hostess gift!

See you soon!

Melissa~
Pink Paper Peppermints

Mom24 said...

I hope you keep feeling better!

Kristi said...

One of the reasons I love your blog is because of your ability to live in the moment. I need to do more (okay, MUCH more) of that myself, instead of always worrying about the future, so I'll keep coming back until some of YOU rubs off on ME.

Elle*Bee said...

Welcome to the party (I've been party hopping, too)!

I completely agree about the internet-lingo. I rarely engage in Instant Messaging (see how I avoided using "IM" - oops!), but when I do, I mostly spell everything out. Fortunately, I type pretty quickly.

Fun post! I'm sure I already told you, but I love your coif!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Love a great ramble! But even more I would love to pop over for a party at your house, sounds utterly perfect and I think I would be perfectly comfy having you here too.
Love your hair still, looks loverly.

Jules said...

OMG! UR GR8!
Sorry, couldn't resist. I really liked your posting. Enjoy visiting everyone and I'm glad you're feeling better.

Busymama Kellie said...

Glad I stumbled upon you! Love your blog and will be back for more. Aloha!

Kristen said...

What a great blog you have! It will be a fun party week-I'll be back to yours!

http://www.wearethatfamily.com

Spider Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by. I had to laugh at your comment. I'm not as bad (good?) as your hubby about spiders, I will kill them if they are in the house but I still like them.

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Howdy! Glad to have met you at my blog party! Stoppin' by for some chips and salsa - I'm an easy goin' gal, that's all it takes to make me happy! (Uh, and if you noticed I didn't even attempt to offer up what I would be serving at MY party.)

I say forget about clean floors - some day our kids will be grown and we can wash the floor then. I'd rather make paper-plate masks with them while they're still little!

Thanks for stoppin' by - enjoying this online party thing!

Alex Elliot said...

Now I have that song in my head! I feel like I should break out a pogo stick.

Tonya said...

Yay you joined the party!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Well with an intro post like that, how can I *not* come back and see what's happening over here on a regular basis?

Stop by my party in southern Italy when you get a chance--maybe you'll find a recipe that will inspire you to cook more than a few dishes. I specialize in fast, easy, and delicious for the most part :)

Bleeding Espresso

Unknown said...

Kudos to you for donating to Locks of Love.

Still hopping from blog to blog... my goal is to post at each blog at least once. Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Related Posts with Thumbnails