Thursday, May 03, 2007

What's the story, Morning Glory?

Ok. If your 5 year old says
"MaMA! Corinne's making a mess with her food." Do NOT continue playing the piano, just to try and figure out that cord change. NO. Run immediately to the kitchen, as you should KNOW BY NOW that he underplays everything!

She was having a FINE old time eating a bite out of every strawberry in the pint, and then THROWING THEM on the Clue board game that Evan was setting up! She is getting changed into a new outfit as her adorable dress (that is NOT "country" no matter what Patrick says) is covered in red goo.

But I think I need to wait a few more minutes as I hear that oh so familiar grunting...

It's not even 9:30 yet. I haven't even finished my first cup of coffee!

--
Anyone else know the musical that the title's from? I got to be one of the annoying girls singing that frickin song over and over and I can't seem to get the refrain out of my head this morning.

7 comments:

Dedee said...

Musical is Bye Bye Birdie. The rest goes

"What's the word, hummingbird?
Have you heard about Hugo and Kim?"

Well, I'm not really going to type the whole song here for you.

Good luck on your strawberry days. Kim at Temporary? Instanity had her daughter pulling strawberries out of the refrigerator and grinding them in to the carpet. Seems to be that time of year.

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor thing! Well, I guess it could have been worse. LOL

Lei said...

Oh man. You are having fun just like me, huh? The joys of motherhood!

BStrong said...

I'm developing a new product called "Baby's first Straitjacket" for all those special moments.

Good Luck

Jamie said...

I'm looking forward to our fresh local strawberries. I hope Avery will eat them, she is still so ridiculously picky. And she will be eating them nakedly ;)

Ruby said...

Sorry, I don't do musicals.

Tell me you took a picture and are going to post it soon?!

Strawberry clue ;)

Ezra said...

I came across your blog trying to find the origins of that line. My grandmother (who, if alive, would be pushing 90) would always say and I found it very indearing. Thanks for helping me solve the mystery! :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails