Saturday, January 06, 2007

Criminal

In my opinion, I have just committed one of the biggest crimes allowed:

I got a Jewel card.

I HATE grocery store cards. They up the price on all of the groceries, so that when you swipe your card at the end, you feel as though you have "saved" money!! Urgh.

But, my Cub Foods closed (sob) and the only other grocery store is the Dominick's (just as expensive and ALSO uses a card system!). I use Aldi for the cheapo stuff, but they don't have the variety of a big chain store so, alas, I must become a Jewel shopper... I despise myself right now.

But I "saved" $2.70 today...

4 comments:

kelly jeanie said...

Heh...I know, they get you coming and going. If you're going to have a card, though, you can hook it up to your Upromise account...maybe by the time one of your kids hits college you'll have saved up enough to buy a book with it.

I hope things are going well for you and your kiddo today.

Anonymous said...

Don't be suprised if you start getting telemarketer calls now. I know (I don't really know, but it's my theory) that they make money from selling your info. Why else do they need the card?? Why can't they just have low prices?? As soon as I signed up for the Kroger card, I started getting all kinds of telemarketer calls, and our phone is not in my name! I know that's how they work!!

Nicole said...

My grocery store doesn't have a crad system. The only store around here that has them is Albertsons. I am sorry that you to. That's a bummer. Myabe Flip Flop is wrong though. That's all you need.

andria said...

I hate the card too because I usually end up forgetting them and then have to walk back out to the car and dig for them. We have one store that doesn't use them but my double coupon store does. They also make you use them through the gas pumps too. Its a real pain.

Related Posts with Thumbnails