Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Cat-Sized Hole in My Heart

"Does grass have a spirit, Mommy?"

"Um, I don't know..."

"Everything that's alive has a spirit. You said so."

"Yes..."

"Grass is alive. So it must have a spirit."

"It may. I don't know. Nobody really knows."

"Do you think Dakota's spirit is happy, Mommy?"

A-ha! sniff, sniff...

"Yes, baby. I know his spirit is happy..."

"But I still miss him, Mommy."

"Me too, Rinny. Me too."



Files and files of photos like these.

Little snippets of the love she had for Dakota...

7 comments:

Laura- That Kind of Mom said...

I'm so sorry, Tracey. It is so hard to lose a pet.
Your daughter is so sweet!

Unknown said...

Awww. I'm sorry about the kitty. It's hard, losing a pet.

kailani said...

Dakota definitely has a spirit and is now up in kitty Heaven. I'm so sorry about your loss. Pets are a part of the family like everyone else.

Cheryl said...

Awww, that made me cry...kids are so innocent. I dread the day our dog passes on...he's my third child (well, 4th if you count the hubby as the third...LOL). And just like there is Heaven for dogs, there is a Heaven for cats...and who knows, maybe they share a Heaven...cuz in Heaven everyone should get along! :o)

Mark said...

Very sad and very sweet.
Your Friend, m.

Manic Mommy said...

According to "Heaven is For Real", there are loads of dogs and cats in heaven. I believe that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails