Monday, August 30, 2010

Someday, You'll Understand...


Dear Upset Mom to One Toddler at Brookfield Zoo,

Hey! How are things? Are you enjoying your quiet morning? Did you have fun at the zoo yesterday? Can I please interrupt your day for a minute to pass on some advice and send out a plea?

Guess what? Someday, your sweet 2-year-old boy will turn 11. I know! It’s shocking to think about. No new mom ever really believes that she will be a parent to an older child, but (by the grace of God), it happens.

Someday, your son will be awkward and stumbling; his feet too big for his legs and voice too loud for polite conversation. Someday, you will be forever reminding him to cover his nose with his elbow when he sneezes. Someday, you will have to wrangle him into the bathroom for showers and sniff under his arms to make sure that he DID put on deodorant. Someday, you will spend more time apologizing for his bumbling actions and responses than you currently do. After all, everyone expects a 2 year old boy to be noisy, active and needy; When he grows as tall as you are (overnight, I swear), people suddenly expect him to be polite, coordinated and mature...

Read More...

2 comments:

jennie said...

Hi, I jsut wanted to let you know I really enjoyed your blog! I'm a mommy too, I have an almost 2 year old little boy,and he is the joy of my life! I write bout our life on my own blog, and I love reading about other mom's experiences! :) Please come by anytime and follow me if you like! :) Take care!
~Jen

Issa said...

but...but..I don't want mine to get that big. ;)

Actually I'm surrounded by tweens and teens because of my ex's family, so I'm more likely to ask them to hold something to do something than glare at them for stuff. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails