Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quickly, before I go...

Stacia kindly asked me where I've been for the past few days. I was touched, but honestly, it's just been one of those weeks. Considering the fact that it is February (depression month for me!), there was a death in the family, AND I have my period (TMI? Too bad. MY BLOG, remember?), I am remarkably happy. But busy. For instance, these are things I actually said today:

"We don't put tape on the cat."

"You need to learn to read and write so that you aren't living in a ditch when you grow up because you sure as heck are NOT going to live HERE."

"Who put the sock in the toilet?"

"For the last TIME: just because you know that 'bitch' means 'female dog' does not mean you can go around telling me the names of all of the bitches you know." (That is the last time I have an in-depth conversation regarding the terms 'bitch' and 'ass' with my 7 year old. Another question he asked me was "Have you ever SEEN a real 'ass'?" )

On that note, I must vacate my little spot on the net once again. There are shirts to iron for tomorrow's final good-bye to a cousin, a plank of wood to purchase, sand and attach an arrow to for the Cub Scout graduation on Saturday and a house to clean for Justin's birthday party on Sunday. Lots to do and not all of it pleasant.

(Corinne is thankfully healing well and I am no longer worried about her throat. Thank you all for your concern.)

May your weekend be full of sunshine.

Peace, yo.

16 comments:

MarĂ­a said...

"You need to learn to read and write so that you aren't living in a ditch when you grow up because you sure as heck are NOT going to live HERE."

Totally something I would say.

Daisygirl said...

What do you mean we can't put tape on the cat??? Haha, your house sounds like my crazy circus! I have not yet had to deal with socks or clothing for that matter in the toilet...we are now teaching the 2 year old that we don't put diapers in the washing machine!

Stacia said...

Of course we don't put tape on the cat ... We put it on the dog.

Take care!

Unplanned Cooking said...

Most days I can't believe what comes out of my mouth either.

CaraBee said...

This crap must be going around, because it's been a funk week for me too. Although it sounds like you've had more cause, while mine is just flo and general dissatisfaction with...what? Nothing. Just meh.

Do what you need to do. We're with you, my friend.

anymommy said...

So glad she is okay. Hope your week goes smooth as silk.

Gucci Mama said...

I really want to spend the day in your house sometime. Your kids rock. As do you. So, so funny.

Anonymous said...

I think I remember pulling that 'bitch' and 'ass' thing on my own parents. I think it was funnier when I was 7.

We'll look back on these days fondly, right?

WarsawMommy said...

Hee!

One of the first things I told my three-year-old this morning:

"Stop drawing happy faces on your brother's face. Right. Now."

Alex's face is STILL bright orange. It's a good look though; kind of perma-tanish.

Unknown said...

I have nothing planned for the weekend (amazingly). If you need help - just send up a flare.

Eliza said...

So sorry to hear about your loss.
You are wonderful. I love you!! Love ya so much that I nominated you for The Sunshine Award. When you get the chance, stop by my blog to accept your award and read your accolades.
Eliza

Shannon said...

Glad her throat is healing well! And, sorry for your loss and tough February. But, you're not the only one running around saying crazy things. And, I just had to dig out wads of toilet paper from the tank of the toilet. Marshall thought that was a better place than the bowl, I guess!

Joy said...

Yeah, BUT... if you put tape on the cat's face, it will TOTALLY run around backwards!!! ;)

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

sweetie, I'm sorry things have been sucky. Here's hoping it'll be looking WAY up VERY soon. Love!

Honey Mommy said...

Kids are so funny. I find myself amazed at some of the bizarre things I have said to them, such as "Don't bite the couch".

we are reilly said...

"have you seen a real ass?" That makes me laugh -- because in reality asses aren't that attractive (the animal or on humans!) Just got me thinking.....:)

LOVE your practicality......

down month for me too -- the period, lack of sun, no vacation, working, demanding children who have cabin fever....it's-pushing-me-over-the-edge!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails