Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Finish Line of a Loooooong week.

Crap. What does a SAHM who homeschools 3 kids while her husband is fishing in Canada for a week do when she looks around her house and realizes that the floor isn't just a touch dirty, it's all-out crunchy-filthy? And that the laundry on the floor is the same laundry from when her husband left the week before? Even though she has a legitimate excuse of, well, TEACHING her kids for 5 days, hosting a sleepover, attending 2 scout meetings, and managing to keep said offspring alive and moderately well-cared for EVEN THOUGH her neck still hurts like a bitch?

She sighs. And washes the dishes. And shoves the laundry into the drawers. And gives up and does an art project with her daughter.

Priorities, right?

Pat should be home late tonight. I will be waiting for him on the front porch, car keys in my hand so that I may drive off, laughing maniacally at the idea of Peace and Quiet.

8 comments:

Me said...

Oh, I feel you. My husband is taking 6 business trips from 9/21 to 10/23, all at least 3 days long, some a week. I will be demanding some "me" time at the end of the month, oh yes I will!

Now, I am not homeschooling my kids, but I like to blame my failure to clean on my pregnancy.

That's a legit excuse, right?

(Actually, last week he was gone all week and I found myself scrubbing everything. EVERYTHING. I even moved my fridge and stove. And I NEVER do that! I'd like to think this was an aberration.)

Gucci Mama said...

If we lived closer, I would totally come over and clean your house. ;)

Gettysburg Mom said...

I want to reassure ME that pregnancy is a completely valid excuse for not cleaning. I've reached the point in my pregnancy where it is REALLY uncomfortable to bend over and pick up all the debris three children scatter on the floor. My floors look like they've been abandoned. We passed crunchy weeks ago.

Moving the fridge and stove to clean? I don't do that when I'm not pregnant. We've always sold the house before it got to that point...

Enjoy your reunion!

Kristi said...

You deserve a break, and I really hope you get it. I think a week at a spa would do nicely.

Kristin said...

I feel your pain. My house is a mess and my neck doesn't even hurt. I hope hubby understands.

Cynthia J Hollenbeck said...

Just want to say that you are an amazing woman. I work full time because the thought of staying home with my kids and home schooling chills me to the bone. What you are doing is wonderful. Hope you realize that!!!

CaraBee said...

You are one hell of a wife and mother to allow him to go away. I know he needs the time away, but that doesn't make it any easier. I hope you got a few hours to yourself when Pat got home!

E... said...

So know what this is like. We had a whirlwind "let's clean up all these toys before Daddy gets home" session on Thursday, and threw the last of the dinosaurs in the bin just as he pulled in the driveway. I get to go to Book Club tomorrow before he leaves again! Oh, and I'm "working" -- two hours a day of teaching every day this week. I may just leave my mom in charge a half an hour or so longer each day to wander around somewhere...

Related Posts with Thumbnails