Monday, April 06, 2009

Aren't springs bad for your back, anyway?

Spring break! Whoot! I thought by homeschooling, I would be able to avoid these long stretches of unstructured time? Anyway, giving the kids a "break", before we get used to 3 at home All. The. Time. (Yes, I do believe I AM insane, thanks for asking...).

First up on our spring break agenda? Fighting the snow, yes SNOW, we got last night. The snow that knocked out my satellite so I don't have any of my Sunday night shows recorded. (Yes, I did swear quite a bit. But I don't feel quite as comfortable ripping off a good cuss right now, because some of my family reads these blogs now. Which is fine, but it's one thing to write a big ole 4 letter word and have someone read it months later. It's another thing to curse online at 9 am and see my husband's aunt at 11 after she may have read it.) So. BIG OLE CURSE WORD AT THE SCREWED UP WEATHER. @$#@$

Whew. I feel better now.

Sadly, we will be fighting the snow to get to Patrick's grandma's apartment for a visit. She has not been doing well, and we are hoping that she will qualify for the assisted living transfer instead of having to go to the nursing home. :( Aging really sucks...

Speaking of sucky things, did you hear about the the earthquake in Italy? Oh my God... Horrible... I hope they find more survivors instead of adding to the death toll...

If you don't want to follow the depressing link, try reading Jen's new advice column. Is there anyone here who DOESN'T read the Bloggess? Go. Read. She makes me weep, her words are so off the wall...

12 comments:

the mama bird diaries said...

SNOW? I would cry.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

All 3?! Wow, good for you girl. I am trying to get our buts back in gear after 3 weeks off. I think I am the most resistant!

CaraBee said...

A friend of mine lives in Italy and I was so worried when I first heard about the earthquake. Luckily, he is okay, but it is a tragic, tragic thing.

Unknown said...

hey tracey~it's your husband's aunt~not to worry ...say what you gotta say...besides, i've been known to let more than a few choice words rip, myself. it's nice you all were able to get to mom's. i was there at 2p and she said she was really happy to see everyone.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

J~ I know! :)

We hadn't seen your mom in a while and she really surprised us in how thin she was... :( Hope the evaluation goes well today.

Swistle said...

Oh, I LOVE the Bloggess. I would ALMOST kiss her feet.

Allison said...

You are taking on quite a big job! not only are you a stay at home mom (the hardest but most rewarding job in my opinion) but now you are also going to take on education as well......I wish you luck my friend! - I hope you come out alive.

Cheryl said...

Wow! I couldn't homeschool...I don't have enough patience...LOL A friend of mine is a stay at home mom to 6 kids AND homeschools the oldest two....waaaaay more patience than I could ever have!! :o)

Cynthia said...

Yeah...what is with this snow? I am not happy:(

Kristi said...

I awakened this morning to 3 inches of snow on the ground. I feel your pain.

anymommy said...

Your first homeschooling spring break - I have to admit I couldn't wait for our little toddler classes to start back up.

AND, we had snow all week as well. I didn't hide my bitterness very well.

Dumb Mom said...

Snow in spring blows! We had some flurries today and I seriously almost packed our crap and moved us straight back to sunny California. What was I thinking living in Maryland?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails