Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter 2008

I just pried myself from underneath Corinne's warm, napping body. She is slowly growing out of the nap-time need, which means she's unable to just pass out most days, but can be exhausted by 6 pm if she doesn't nap. She missed her naps on Saturday and Sunday... Add that to 700% more sugar intake than normal, and you end up with an honest-to-goodness REAL Miss Grumpy Pants. Shocking, I know. Her new thing lately is to cuddle in my bed WITH me for a nap. Sigh...

Though this enforced down-time for me is difficult to stomach at times (it's my "Me" time, after all!!), I always cuddle an extra 5 or 10 minutes (oh, fine. 20-30 minutes. Happy now?) and breathe in her warm, toddler smell. She never wanted to sleep in bed with me like the boys did, (not complaining! She slept through the night at 5 days old, and YES I was nursing exclusively...) so I haven't truly snuggled with a baby in about 5 years... To cuddle with a 2 year old isn't exactly the same, but it's the only chance I'll ever get again, and I'm snagging it while it's here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~
So! Hope your Easter was fun! We had a nice one. Spent the morning at home, eating rabbit poop off the floor (thankfully, his poop is sweet and brightly colored) and annoying each other only a little bit until we headed to my parents' house.



We had a really good time at their house. My older sister and her family were there as well, and the day was full of loving chaos. I like to step back and realize that those funny and crazy family movies that we all enjoy watching on the movie screen is our real life, if we just let life happen...

My sister and I, shoved into a tiny corner while we tried to appease our 2 year olds' appetites and seating arrangements (Note to self: for future family parties, Laura and Corinne MUST sit next to each other)...

Justin coming in from outside, to tell a tale of what didn't happen to Evan before finally saying that Evan was outside hiding behind a car, crying that he was hurt (which then sent all of us running to the door to make sure he was still alive. He was.)...

Corinne and Laura hugging, dancing, sharing bites of sherbet, and altogether being best friends in every way (even when they snuck upstairs to my parents' room, and managed to be jumping on the bed with the hot water running in their tub: all within 5 minutes and while being supervised by 4 women...)

The fire alarm going off no less than 8 times which had us opening the windows and me standing in the hallway, perpetually fanning the alarm, even though NO FOOD was burning....
Evan taking our pictures...


Justin being silly...

Corinne sneaking candy...

Watching Wizard of Oz and Barbie Mariposa (new classic, for sure). And then watching the little ones flapping their hands and arms, shrieking "MariPOsa!" "FairyTOpia!" over and over...

Looking around and realizing that my life is good....


11 comments:

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Sounds like a wonderfully crazy, perfect family day. Blessings all around.

Hannah said...

Sounds like a really fun family Easter!! Love the photos of the family. Your kids look so cute all dressed up, very smart.

I am also dealing with a child (3 and 1/2) who is growing out of his need for a nap, but whose grumpiness and crying are DRIVING ME MAD!! Sympathies to you!!

Alex Elliot said...

Happy Easter to you too!

Mom24 said...

That sounds absolutely wonderful. My DD got Mariposa too...not one of my favorites! I like Barbie Rapunzel and Princess and the Pauper much better. Your day sounds just perfect though. I'm glad it was a good one.

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

Sounds like a fantastice weekend. I love the choas of family get togethers. They are so much fun and so very precious!

Kristi said...

Sounds like a great Easter. I know exactly what you mean about snuggling with a toddler. My daughter is so seldom still during the day that when I'm rocking her before her nap, I cherish every minute of holding her close.

Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a fantastic day!! I always love pictures of your kids; they definitely look like a lot of fun. :-)

Melissa said...

Oh glad to hear that your family had a great easter sunday! Always nice to see a happy familY!

Family Adventure said...

What a great day...and awesome pictures. Yours is a good-looking clan, my friend.

Heidi

Jamie said...

What a perfect Easter. Love the picture of your three kids, they are so cute!

Michelle said...

Looks like it was a great Easter! Kayla has given up naps and that is hard - that is "mommy" time don't they realize that?! LOL Especially now when I just really want a nap, I wish she would lay down w/me, but nope - not happening!

Related Posts with Thumbnails