Monday, February 04, 2008

Superbowl Sunday


We had a really busy day yesterday!



We finally got the kids to the sledding hill! Whew. Justin and Evan were beginning to think we'd never get there. And what a great time we had! It is so exhilirating to know that the 2 boys are old enough to go up and down the hill together. I remember when Justin was 5 (as Evan is now). We would have NEVER. EVER. EVER. let him climb a hill and sled down without and adult. And there was Evan, climbing up alone and hurtling down at light speed shouting "coming through!!" They helped each other up there, and laughed and had a good time without arguing. AWE.Some. I did get really weepy a few times, realizing that their childhoods are just FLYING by. And that my boys can climb and sled a hill all alone... it's liberating and shocking and blah blah blah passage of time, blah blah blah.... Corinne got really tired and went back to the car with Daddy while I got to go zipping down for a while. Ahhhh... a nice flip flop from last year when I was the one to sit in the van. :)


We headed over to my sister's house (not the one with a newborn!) and joined in the Super bowl party. Everything was all fine and dandy till about halfway through the second quarter, when Corinne, who had been hacking and coughing all night, passed out on my lap! Ooops... Sorry to everyone who gets sick because I brought my apparently sick toddler over... I had no idea! I feel doubly guilty cuz I took her out sledding yesterday, too!! Of course, I'm sneezing left and right this morning, so I may be paying the price, myself...

Doh! Lost a boot....


Justin had his first male hissy fit over the football score. Kind of funny, especially since it didn't escalate into a full out tantrum as it might have a year ago. I guess he got some squares in the chart thingy and didn't win. Also, the Patriots lost which, unbeknownst to me, is Justin's favorite team. Uh-huh. The kid who never ever watches sports has a favorite team. To the point of being really mad when they lose.... oooookay.

It's really hard to be left inside when your big brother is playing in the snow....

Really, REALLY hard.

14 comments:

SydneyDawn said...

Awww. I'd probably cry too. We never get snow here anymore. I wanna go outside and play in it too!

kimmy said...

You can definitely blame your "scuzziness" on the Patriots losing the Superbowl. Isn't that why your daughter is crying too?

What a cute picture!

Kimmy

the dragonfly said...

Those last two pictures? Priceless.

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Poor thing! I can feel her pain right through my computer screen! The sledding hill looks awesome, bet you had some fun going down that baby, huh? Sounds like you had a nice weekend up until the sneezing started, bummer. Hope you and Corrine are feeling better soon! Your son is starting that male football stuff right on schedule, I'd say. Get used to it Tracey, it never ends! :) Have a good one!

Lizzy

Hannah said...

Looks like so much fun!!!!

I hope you & Corrine feel better soon!

Rebecca said...

Oh that is just so sweet and sad!!!

LOVE the sledding pics!

Kristi said...

Cool hill. I can't wait until next year when my daughter will be at an age when we can go sledding. Great pics too, especially the last ones, poor thing!

Jamie said...

Poor girl!! I have seen that face a time or two :)

Great job with the header!! I have been fighting blogger too, thats why mine is teeny tiny. I think they changed something.

Tonya said...

Oh the last two pictures are so sad. Sledding is so fun I can't wait til next year and I can go :)

Beck said...

Poor baby girl! Oh, I have so been there! Or more precisely - The Baby has been wailing while her siblings have no-baby-included fun.

Anne B. said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday, almost. :-) Even when I was little I hated huffing and puffing back up the hill--I'm a lazy sledder.

Anne B. said...

Sounds like a perfect Sunday, almost. :-) Even when I was little I hated huffing and puffing back up the hill--I'm a lazy sledder.

Kailani said...

Just looking at all that snow makes me cold!

Poor thing, she looks so sad!!!

kailani
An Island Life

Kat said...

Poor baby girl. I alwasy feel so badly for the youngest who always gets left behind. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails