Thursday, December 06, 2007

Let's hear it for the underdog

I think that one of the most underrated natural wonders of the world is frost. No other natural process can create such magic, wonder, and beauty overnight. And the fact that it's so temporary? That if you keep your blinds closed in the morning, you might miss it? Makes it all the more beautiful, to me.

Of course, I have to get used to the winter weather and remember that while you can scrape ice and snow off of your car, the thin layers of frosty fingers over your windshield? Yeah, nothing but a heated car will truly get rid of those. (Picture me driving to school this morning, peering through a teeny defrosted section of the windshield. At least I wasn't the only one...)

I am off to read a few of your lovely blogs while sipping some hot joe, and then to clean the kitchen as a tornado apparently came through this morning in addition to the frost, and then I hope to start the wrapping of the gifts! Just to get the extended family and stuff at least. This will clear up some space in my closet and let me make sure that the kids are close to even. I am not anal about everyone having the same $ spent or the same exact number, but they do need to be close, at least. Oh, and I HOPE to get the Christmas cards done today. Considering I got all of the steps except actually stamping and mailing them last year (yes. I still have about 35 unmailed cards from last year), I had better get them done soon!
~~~~
I'd like to add that this remarkable site, run by a ten year old and her parents, is doing some great charity work. Please click on over and check them out. If you can't help, you can at least spread encouragement for their causes. Good luck, Laura and family!


10 comments:

Dana said...

I can't believe how together you are! I'm sort of almost done with my shopping but have no decorations up yet and...Christmas cards?!?! What are those? BUT, in my defense, I usually have Christmas stuff up really early but decided to wait from now on until AFTER Brennen's birthday. The big day is next Wednesday so after that, I'll deck the halls. Not as much though....little hands will be roaming! LOL

Unknown said...

this sunday my MIL is taking my kids to a lunch with Santa thing, so that will be my day to sort through the presents; see if we are EVEN and if there is more that I need to get. PLUS there is something sad about a tree with no presents under it...so I might do some wrapping. (why am I tell you all this? lol) Anyway, I hope you get all of your things done!

Melissa said...

Last year around this time there was a heavy frost in Idaho... my mom sent me some pictures and they were amazing! If you check out my blog here.... http://mejojacspot.blogspot.com/2006/12/ice-crystal-my-mom-sent-me-this.html
you can see the pic!

Kristi said...

Wow. I'm only about halfway through shopping. You're my hero.

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

I have to agree, the frost on the window is pretty (except when you're running late and under estimate how long your old car will take to warm up and defrost it) then, like you said, kinda aggravating! :) I wish my boys were still young enough to want to play in the snow with me, *sob*. I used to love building snowmen with them! Glad you were able to get outside and enjoy the snow together!

Kamis Khlopchyk said...

I love the frost... viewed from the comfort of my living room of course

:-)

Yay for you being so organized... we still have to get a tree, finish shopping and the cards... well not even started.

Kellan said...

I'm hoping to get my cards done this weekend - I have to! We don't get much frost here - but I do love to see it when it does happen. Take care. Kellan

Michelle said...

I always think frost looks so pretty first thing in the morning; everything just covered with that touch of white. Going over to check the link out now.

Badness Jones said...

Hubs usually warms up my car and scrapes the ice off for me....yes, I'm spoiled, I know.

painted maypole said...

we had frost here in Louisiana the other day. crazy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails