Wednesday, October 10, 2007

decisions, decisions...

Need a little strength right now. Strength to make a decision that may go against my natural inclination to always be safe, always be careful... I'm trying to figure out if I'm supposed to take a chance, take a risk, or if the safe choice will bring regrets for not chancing the benefits.

Ugh... being a grown up can really suck. Isn't there a manual? Or a crystal ball to show me that the choice will end up being one of those decisions that is so clear in the future, so OBVIOUS that people will wrinkle their brows in confusion when we say we weren't sure about it at first? Yeah, that'd be nice.

At least it's not hot anymore! I have on jeans and a sweatshirt. HALLELEUJAH!!!! It's cool and windy out!! (Insert my big ole midwestern grin right here) Corinne is FINALLY wearing one of her adorable Halloween shirts - they're all long sleeve!

Ok, school in 20 minutes. Still haven't had my coffee.... Wish me luck...

12 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm sure you'll make the right decision! Whatever it may be...

Beck said...

I always trust my gut with these things - if I feel sick and scared, it's probably not the right choice.

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I don't know the specifics, but two sayings that have always served me well are

"more is lost by indecision, than wrong decision"

and

"a ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for"

or something to that effect.

I'm sure you'll make the best choice for you and your family.

And I couldn't agree more, being an adult DOES suck. :-)

Unknown said...

Care to elaborate??

I agree with beck - trust your gut!

Christina said...

I hate those type of decisions. I'm no good at them. Go with what feels like the best thing to do for you and your family, I guess. Good luck!

And yeah, LOVING this weather! Cool and cloudy is just perfect for me!

Dana said...

What's the dilemma? Are you just going to leave us wondering? The not knowing is killin me! LOL Go with your instincts! And never look back!

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Just something to do with work and what not. Can't divulge till we decide. Sorry!

painted maypole said...

good luck, and keep us posted

Michelle said...

good luck with your decision! I hope you're able to come to one you feel comfortable with!

Tricia said...

It's gotta feel right so you can't regret it later...

Miss Hope said...

If you get a bad twitch on your body somewhere when thinking about it? Think a little bit more. Twitches can't be good.

Good luck!!

Melissa said...

I remember being a kid and thinking that adults always had so much fun..... where in the world did I get that idea?? I hope you get things figured out. I agree with beck - follow your gut.

Related Posts with Thumbnails