Thursday, October 18, 2007

Boring blog entry #46758

New hidden veggie recipe for us for today: crepes with sweet potato puree. They gobbled them up! And I used brown sugar and wheat flour instead of the white. Other than being a bit browner, the difference wasn't noticeable to the kids. I didn't use the cookbook's recipe, as I wanted the pancakes to taste like "Daddy's crepes." And I came pretty close. So, just use your own recipe for pancakes, start with the sweet potato first and add the milk, eggs etc. till you get the consistency you're used to. Easy and good. In fact, I'm nibbling on cold ones with some powdered sugar right now. :)

Today is Patrick's 36th birthday. I hope that he'll be home in time to actually spend some of it with us. I might try and make some pasta or something... we'll see.

Gotta clean up for Corinne's 2nd birthday party this Saturday! My big girl! I swear, more exciting posts to come soon, withOUT talking about vegetables in food. I swear.

It is WINDY out today!! I am so happy!! I LOVE AUTUMN!!!!!

10 comments:

andria said...

Hey, I love the vegetables in food stories. I hope to have my own real soon.

I just finished pureeing an entire huge head of cauliflower. Got eight bags of the stuff, gonna hide them in some mozzarella sticks tonight. Chicken and broccoli's on the menu tomorrow night.

Jamie said...

Ooh can't wait for birthday party details. I am just starting to plan for Avery's. Can hardly believe it.

Windy here too! The local news is all a' twitter with storm talk. Love the drama.

Tonya said...

Yeah it is windy but 77 out! It was the prefect day to clean the carpets, the wind dried them off fast :)

Unknown said...

Have you read Deceptively Delicious? Your pancakes remind me of that book!

Lots of birthday celebrations coming up for you!

Kailani
An Island Life

Beck said...

Veggie pancakes! My kids love those!

Kristi said...

Everyone is blogging about hidden vegetables these days. I love it! I need to get my hands on that cookbook, because my daughter while my daughter is eating her veggies today, tomorrow is a whole other story.

Send some of your fall weather to the NE. We were in the mid 70s today!

Life With All Boys said...

I happen to love the veggie stories. I think I really need that book....

Melissa said...

I like hearing about the veggies! Gives me ideas on how to do this myself!!

Melissa said...

OH - I almost forgot... Happy Birthday to your hubby and your sweet girl!

Sheryl said...

I have been planning on going out to get this book every day this week but I just have been trapped inside the house. I can't wait to try it out!

Happy Birthday to your man!

Related Posts with Thumbnails