Saturday, August 25, 2007

A flibberdigibbit, a whill o' the wisp...

Soccer. Rain. School. Stop picking on your sister! More rain. Soccer. Ice cream.

Is that succinct enough? Been busy. Life is good.
-------
My honey bought me flowers and candy the other day. Just cuz. Just cuz he loves me and he's sorry that his new job hasn't been shorter hours. Oh no... More hours, less Daddy time, more Mommy from sun up till sun down.

But I need to remember that if Corinne is being quiet in the other room, it's not usually a good thing. Especially if your box of Fannie May from dear hubby is sitting on the counter.

FYI, she doesn't care for the chocolate covered cherries, but the cream filled and pixies seemed to be up to her standards. Got a picture I have to develop soon.

Her response? "Sarsi, Mommy. Sarsi I eat spesilll candeee. Yummy, Mommy." as she popped the rest into her mouth.
------
We have White Sox tickets for tomorrow night, but can't use them because the boys were supposed to have soccer games. But, due to the flooding of the roads and the soccer fields, they're cancelled. So, we now have tickets but no sitter.... bummer.

But, next week, we get to go out to dinner and a comedy club in Chicago with Patrick's boss and his wife. I actually bought a new blouse and shoes. (Hey - my sister says that "blouse" is an old lady term. What's your opinion?) A red sexy shirt that I hope doesn't cling too much to my tummy. I almost brought it back until I remembered Old Lady Girdle Underwear!! A-HA!! Sucked it right in for me! Add that to control top pantyhose and I'm suddenly 10 pounds (well, maybe 4) lighter! Bring on the fondue and wine, baby!!! I'm ready for a grown-up night!

I feel so old, though. The husband and wife are my age, but are both professionals, living in Chicago, and have no children. I, however, have just bought my first pair of dressy pointy witch shoes and felt so extravagant doing so, because COME ON. When will I wear them again?

On an aside, Corinne and I went shopping together and bought the shoes and blouse (shirt?) together!! I went shopping with my DAUGHTER! And she loved it. And we didn't even need to head down the action figure aisle, or have to speed through(she did, however, request Thomas choo choo trains when we were leaving). LOVED IT. Oh, and apparently witch shoes mean that Mommy and Corinne need to go "Eh, heh, HEHHH!!!" with our hands curled by our cheeks in the shoe aisles.
--------
In-SOM-niaaaaa!!!!! (sung to the tune of "Aquarius!")
-----
So, this post is what we like to refer to as "stream of consciousness" or "train of thought." Very intriguing or very scary? Is there really a difference?
------
No, I'm not drunk.


But it couldn't hoit.

Ha-cha-cha-cha-chaaaaa....
------
So. Have I lost every single reader yet?
----
I was very pleased with 2 potential meltdowns that we somehow averted with Justin today. First, he couldnt' find his Nintendo DS before we were leaving for Evan's soccer practice today, even though I told him 30 minutes prior to find it. Drama did ensue, but I told him that he should have gotten it when I told him to, and MIRACULOUSLY, he just sighed and trudged to the van. Coulda knocked me over with a feather. Like in Forrest Gump...


AND THEN, after soccer, we heard that all games were cancelled for Saturday, and his face just screwed up into a ball of fury and he started whining about how "It's not FAIR!! It's not FAIR!!" And I calmly replied (Stop laughing. I'm always calm the first 2-3 times I have to tell them something. It's the 8th or 23rd times that I'm yelling and covering my ears) that crying wasn't going to make the flood go away, nor would it endear me to him. This all was said while I made Evan stand against the van with his arms outstretched as a punishment for smarting off to me (ooooohhhh.... Patrick's Navy punishments are actually coming in handy!). So. I think I DO deserve a good drink. But I'm thinking more along the lines of a fancy schmancy coffee thing. With steam, and cinnamon, and my husband AWAKE and talking to me.

-----
And for anyone who's thinking they're having a bad day, just remember this: at least you don't have to find THIS in your living room....

8 comments:

painted maypole said...

I see you are back to song lyrics. :) I think it is a good thing, but that may just be me.

Enjoy adult night out. Pointy shoes? Brave woman. I love that they make you cackle like a witch when you wear them. Excellent.

Kailani said...

OMG! Who's kids are those?

kailani
An Island Life

Melissa said...

I love to shop with Baby Girl! We have so much fun! That is the only reason I don't want her to ever go to school. Whenever I try something on she ALWAYS gasps and says, "OH MOMMY! You're so pretty! Just like a princess!" Doesn't matter if I'm trying on jeans and a t-shirt or a nice dress! I love that girl!
I don't know who's kids those are with the paint... but check out my cousin's blog
... her daughter did something similar with waterproof foundation....

we are reilly said...

first - yes, blouse is an 'old lady' term -- I think the residents at the nursing home I work would say that...use the term 'shirt' -- it will fit you better! :)

second -- OMG! Are those your kids in the photo? And what is it all over them? (it wasn't the chocolate I take?)

third -- you make me LAUGH! Have fun on adult night out -- but, be careful to not have too much fun! :)

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Good Lord, NO those are not my children! Just a random photo from the internet of some mother's boys... I believe that the stuff is paint or some other sort of home improvement compound. Which woul make it LOTS of fun to take off of the couch and tv and carpet...

Unknown said...

LOVED IT! Oh, you had me chuckling LOTS, my friend :-)

Jamie said...

WOW Corrine is a talking champ!
That is amazing. Except that she eats your chocolates even though she knows they are special :)

Miss Hope said...

Good to see your daughter is a true lady in training and developing the finer taste in life for chocolate.

As for the pointy shoes? I bought a pair to wear to a Navy shindig and once I sat to eat? They never went back on my feet. Good thing it was hot!

Arms outstretched? How come after 18 years in the Navy, my husband has never told me of this cool punishment? I think I need to have a talk with him......

Related Posts with Thumbnails