Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A sad, sad day.

I am so sorry for all of the families of the Virginia Tech shootings... Those were all bright young adults (somebody's babies...) and intelligent teachers who died for NOTHING. No reason... There's never a reason to kill another person - ever. I truly, truly am sorry for them... May their lives not be in vain, and may we find a way to stop this kind of violence...

As the news reporters reminded me last night, it has been 8 years since Coumbine. What a horrible way to commemorate those young people's deaths...

2 comments:

Dedee said...

It's so horrible. The sad thing is that there are enough people out there who think that the Columbine people did it right. At the school my daughter was attending in second grade there were threats posted on the anniversary of that day. I think every school in the district had been grafittied with things like, "They got it right!" Etc. It was sickening for my husband to take the kids to school and to try and usher them past all of that in hopes that they wouldn't see it. My heart breaks every time I see things like this.

Pray. Pray hard. For the surviving victims, for the families of those that didn't survive, and for he killer's family, wherever they are.

Such pain, as I cannot imagine.

Michelle said...

It was indeed a sad, awful day. I still can't believe it happened. So senseless. I'll never understand how one person can take so many innocent lives.

Related Posts with Thumbnails