Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Day 1 of Spring Break.

Not surprisingly, I am BUSY with 3 kids instead of 2. I just wanted to say that yesterday, I had the BRILLIANT idea of seizing the gorgeous day and going to the zoo. BRILLIANT!!!

Except...

About a gazillion other families had the same brilliant idea and the zoo was the most crowded I have EVER seen it. Seriously, there were cars parked on the grass medians!!

Crazy. Packed in like sardines. The lines for just a drink were at least 30-60 minutes. Needless to say, we just made do with the snacks I had brought, saw a few animals, and ate at BurgerKing.

I will say, I had the most wonderful adrenaline scare on the way home. Nothing like slamming on your brakes in time, only to see the car behind you swerving and screeching to a halt inches behind your vanload of children. I was saying, quite calmly and quietly actually, "Ooookay. Take it easy. Everything's alll right..." And the boys hadn't a clue.

It's amazing how quickly your "bad day" can become a good one.

---
Justin's first words as he woke up this morning?

"Connor's coming over for a sleepover tonight!" Think he's just a little bit excited? :)

5 comments:

Tonya said...

I can't wait to take my kids to the zoo on their spring break! Even if there were a million people there at least you got out of the house :)

Jamie said...

Zoo sounds like fun, except the crowds.. crowds are not fun.

Good luck with the rest of the week, I'm sure the kiddies will keep you nice and busy :)

Michelle said...

what a way to start spring break! I can't stand crowds like that either. Glad to hear there wasn't a fender-bender on the way home!

Ruby said...

Close call! I'm glad you and your family are safe.

I hate huge crowds & love taking mine to the zoo.

A sleepover...fun?!

Elle*Bee said...

Glad the driver behind you was paying attention. Yikes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails