Thursday, January 18, 2007

WWJD?

Just a little gripe this morning...

Driving Justin to school in the 15 or so degree weather. So, everyone else is out driving THEIR kids, too. If you leave 5 minutes late, you're gonna pay the price in traffic, right?

Right. Now, I understand this, and so do most of the other parents. BUT. 2 people today decided that THEY were more important than the rest of us. That THEY had somewhere much more important to go or to do or whatever and that THEY should be allowed to cut in front of the 40-50 cars waiting to drop their kids off.

So, I did what any rational person would do. I blocked the guy in behind me.

Not road rage. NO. Just a gentle reminder to wait your turn. However. Miss teeny car still managed to fit through the area between my car and curb, cut ahead of 3 other cars, cross the busy intersection, and then bypass the other 20 cars waiting for their own turns!!

The clincher? On her bumper stickers, plastered all over her car, we could read about how to become as wonderful as she is:

"Jesus is the way" "What would Jesus do?" and the fish insignia.

Hmmmm... what WOULD Jesus do? Well, I don't think he would have blocked you in (as I did) but I also don't think he would have risked the lives of dozens of kids by breaking the law and cutting in front of everyone.

----
On a lighter topic, I just love that I can put my daughter in dresses!! She has on the cutest little Osh Kosh jean overall dress with thick ribbons in bright pinks and the cutest little brown Mary Jane type shoes. Man. I wish I could be 1 year old again and wear such cute stuff! Sending out a thanks to my sister for all of the lovely hand-me-downs!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, that is toooo funny!!! I hate it when people act like that. yeah, showing the world how NOT to act like a good christian.......geez!!!

andria said...

Sounds EXACTLY like Jacob's school. It happens every morning. First the same people cut us all off in the turning lane to get into the school and then cut us off bypassing the line too. They have a teacher out there but she never does anything about it. My kid goes to a Christian school. I get flipped off a lot by those WWJD stickered people because I follow the rules and won't let them cut in either. It's a riot. Just know you're not alone, I do that every morning.

Anonymous said...

I have Jesus stickers on my car, and I try to be so cautious, and if my hubby gets road rage in my car I feel like an idiot!! One time I had the windows down and some napkins flew out and I felt horrible!! I wanted to tell the people behind me that I do not litter and it was all an accident!!! ugh.

Too bad that lady wasn't cautious...maybe she was borrowing someone elses car. LOL.

Nicole said...

I'm all about Christian bumper stickers, but you gotta live that message also. That would have made me MORE than mad.

Why is it that one year old can wear ANYTHING and still look so cute??? It baffles me! Oh to be one again!!

Michelle said...

how irritating to have drivers like that around the school!

and how come you didn't post pictures of your daughter in that adorable dress? Hmm...

Related Posts with Thumbnails