Sunday, September 04, 2011

Crrrruuuunch. Crrrruuuunch.*

See this? These 12 rows?I MADE THAT.**

For realz.
See these?***
And these?
I GREW THEM.

With my hands.

I grew them and these herbs and I just mix that shit UP and have been making the best pasta sauce EVER from my garden.

That I GREW.

Just like God.

I feel POWERFUL. I feel.... Inspired.

Got a problem? LET ME AT IT.

I feel as though I could create anything and solve any issues you can throw my way. Just me, my crochet hook and my garden hose.


*That's the sound of my crunchiness factor increasing by 34%.

**Be kind. I learned how to crochet at 9:30 last night and only have the basic step down. I am going for the enjoyment of the PROCESS here, folks. Not the exactness of the stitch. I asked Corinne if she was going to wear the scarf I was making and she hedged, very kindly, "Um... Maybe. Maybe if I can't find any other scarf, and I am really cold, I will wear it."


***Next year: Grapes. If I can make tomatoes for my own sauces, I can sure as hell grow grapes for my own wine. I AM LIKE GOD. Let's just hope the wine doesn't taste the way my "scarf" (I'm using that term loosely) looks. i.e. lumpy and confusing. But LOVELY. Oh so lovely and pink and soft and I am WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR NOW LET'S GO CREATE SOMETHING RAWWWRR!!!!

12 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

OMT.
(Oh my Tracey)

I'm sharing this one. You crack me up!
When's the wine party?

TheNextMartha said...

Can I join in? I'll grow some hops and then we can open our own liquor store with pasta buffet.

Trina @ Walking With Scissors said...

Bahahahaha!! Go Tracey!! I expect to see you churning your own butter and making shampoo from scratch next.

Deb said...

Way to go, dude! A scarf is a pretty ambitious project - if you get bored and start feeling stabby, you can always quite and call it a potholder.

I am all about the amigurumi crocheting. I like making little pac-man ghosts. They are quick and pointless and my kids like them.

Helena said...

Don't forget, Tracey: You made PEOPLE too. Like, lots! You are awesome and crunchelicious. (I just made that word up. Grew it in my brain and served it up to you. Roar!)

Tonya said...

I feel the same way about my garden!

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm jealous! We grew about 10 baby tomatoes and that was it. No impressive harvest this year.

Anonymous said...

More power to you girl. And I love any reason to listen to that song, even wearing a lumpy scarf :-)

nmaha said...

More power to you girl. And I love any reason to listen to that song, even wearing a lumpy scarf :-)

I don;t know why my comment was marked anonymous

Anonymous said...

Impressive indeed! I so want to crotchet! :) That reminds me I do knit!

Grapes....wine...now you're thinking! LOVE IT! LOL!

Stacia said...

I keep thinking with all this down time where I just sit or lay or moan that I ought to take up a new hobby. Since there's no way in hell I can grow tomatoes with a cast like this, knitting it is! You've inspired me!

Maxi said...

O mg. it so great. i really love it

Related Posts with Thumbnails