Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Amphibian smackdown


Phhhbbbbttt!! So much for being Suzy Sunshine. Garrrrr!!!!! I am feeling foul right now!!


The boys were playing happily upstairs. Shrieking and strangling each other but laughing in between the shouts of pain. Some sort of wrestling/Pokemon/wrestlemania. WHATEVER. I didn't care. They were out of my hair and I was on a mission:
To Make This House Less Disgusting.

Welllll... one thing led to another and the boys were screaming in real pain from a rubber lizard being thwacked one too many times across someone's bare arms. Corinne left her perch on the couch where she was contentedly zoning out to Spirit and went to "hep dem feel bedder." She then began to cry in her most pathetic little girl whimper from getting thwacked with said lizard.


I continued to wash the pots and pans and hum a happy tune of "I'm so thankful. I choose to be happy..." and the mayhem continued to build around me...


Water spilled.


People slipped.


The lizard flew across the room several times.


More crying.

The lizard? Is on top of the fridge. The kids? Are sitting in 2 chairs with strict instructions to not talk. Or move. Or look at each other. Don't. Do. Anything.


And all that has been accomplished? In 6 hours of being awake? 5 washed pots and pans and a load of laundry in the washing machine on its THIRD CYCLE as I keep forgetting to transfer it to the dryer... 3 days in a row now. Shooting for a record!



15 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I was on "Operation Make House Less Disgusting" on Saturday, and I ran out of steam after bleaching my entire bathroom for 2 hours.

Although I did take out the trash last night...

Christy said...

Is this what I have to look forward too? OH NO!!! I want my babies to stay babies FOREVER.

Seriously, sorry your day sucks.

Hannah said...

Ahh, sounds like my house at certain times of the day. Only I don't have a baby girl thrown into the mix. My boys only get to hurt each other, there is nobody else to share the brunt of their BOYISHNESS. Ugh!!!
When I confiscate toys they also go on top of the fridge.

I hope tomorrow is WAY better for you!

Jane of Seagull Fountain said...

Too familiar! Although not the boy stuff. Instead it's "Do my hair right now so I can look just like Sally."

Hope things get better. The laundry thing? ARGGGGGGHHHHH!!

Tonya said...

Man I hate when I do that with the laundry! All I have to say about the fighting is SIBLINGS. So annoying!

Nicole said...

That sounds so familiar, especially the forgetting to change the laundry part. Thanks for visiting today!

Kellan said...

Isn't summer a BLAST?!?

Hey - so nice to see you today - haven't seen you in a long while. Hope you have been good. See you soon - Kellan

Gucci Mama said...

I feel your pain. Perhaps you should put the cherubs to work?? I have found that the threat of manual labor will turn even the worst lizard thumpers into perfectly behaved wonder children...
Good luck;)

Don Mills Diva said...

I totally blame the lizard for your sucky day.

Not Just Any Jen said...

I feel like you are my twin as of late. I am so cranky and irritable and sick of my yucky house. I feel like a hamster. Ugh.

When maddening things like this happen, it probably makes light of it to write it down.
Tomorrow, my missing is to make my house less disgusting as well. Ha!

MommyTime said...

I'm about to go rerun my wash from yesterday too! Why is it so hard to remember to put them in the dryer?? I'll never know, but it happens to me all the time. And I'm with DMD: it's all the lizard's fault. Make HIM do the folding. :)

Dana said...

Tracey, I can totally understand the "joy" that was your day. I can understand only too well. This sounds like daily life for me....especially the don't look/talk to/ or TOUCH him part! That's an every hour type thing here! Hope things get better soon!

Melissa said...

Plastic lizards = weapons of mass destruction - who knew?
Here's hoping for a better day today!!

stephanie said...

Ohhh, I know the house/laundry drama. And lizard thwacking is never good.

Sending you long hot bath & quiet vibes, in case this happens again. Not likely though, I'm sure, with three children...

Lynsey said...

you are hysterical. Enough said.

Related Posts with Thumbnails